Kiama Coast Walk
One of Australia’s most scenic walks
Ocean views, spectacular rock formations, unspoilt beaches. The Kiama Coast Walk has three sections, made up of a series of shorter walks/cycling paths from the mouth of the Minnamurra River south through Kiama to Gerringong’s Werri Beach. Offering a mix of sealed paths, grassed tracks and beach walking, the hills are gentle enough for most fitness levels. An unbroken ribbon of exploration stretching approximately 20 kilometres.
The Kiama Coast Walk can be divided into three sections:
* North Section — Minnamurra River to Kiama Blowhole
* Mid Section — Kiama Blowhole to Loves Bay
* South Section — Loves Bay to Gerringong
We’ve put together this handy video to give you a sneak-peak of what to expect from each of the sections.
For detailed information on smaller walks in the area click here.
Looking for pet-friendly areas? Please read this helpful information about our off-leash areas.
• After heavy rain Werri Lagoon (Gerringong) may be open to the ocean. Check with Kiama Visitor Information Centre on 1300 654 262.
• Some parts of the walk are along unprotected cliff tops, so please do not leave children unattended.
• We recommend walking early morning to avoid the heat of the day during summer.
• Check for any expected bad weather before you leave.
• Travel smart – carry a water bottle, wear sunscreen and hat, and have a charged mobile phone.
• For taxi transport to and from the walk, call (02) 4237 7505. For train times, visit TransportNSW or download the TripView app.