Kiama Logo

Area Kiama

#History & Heritage

The Kiama Cemetery, located around one kilometre north of the Kiama township, occupies a large site close to the ocean and opposite the railway station at Bombo. The site consists of a vast lawn cemetery and two columbariums, which serve as storage facilities for cinerary urns. The cemetery consists of hundreds of tombstones, many of the sandstone variety dating back to 1855.