EOIs Closed – Destination Kiama Tourism Advisory Committee
A recommendation has been made to Council’s 28 June, 2022 meeting to endorse four industry representatives following an EOI process. These four skill-based industry representatives will be appointed to the committee to work alongside two Councillors, the CEO, and a representative of the Kiama and District Business Chamber.
The TAC provides advice and guidance to Council on the future of tourism in the area, provides links to the communities they represent in promoting and delivering outcomes, and represents the local tourism industry in the recommendations the TAC makes to Council.
Please refer to the draft Terms of Reference(PDF, 287KB) for further information about the Committee.
The Destination Kiama Team
Working internally at Council, our team operates across four key areas:
- Destination marketing, planning, partnerships, industry and experience development.
- Visitor Servicing – including our Visitor Information Centre at Blowhole Point which services up to 65,000 inquiries per annum.
- Destination Events – Destination Events support and Destination Event Funding.
- The Pavilion Kiama – Conferences, Weddings, Business Events and Community Events.
Administration Building, Kiama Council:
- Sally Bursell – Tourism & Events Manager E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 0491 051 57
- Lauren Res – Visitor Services Coordinator E: email@example.com P: 0409 809 163
- Helen Demertzis – Events Coordinator E: Helen.firstname.lastname@example.org P: 0484 564 123
- Kristy Young – Events Coordinator (Wed – Fri) E: Kristy.email@example.com P: 0491 049 509
- Anett Faustmann- Marketing Coordinator E: Anett.firstname.lastname@example.org P:0474 852 808
Kiama Visitor Information Centre: 1300 654 262
- Lauren Res – Visitor Services Coordinator
- Kylie Henry – Part-time Visitor Services Officer
- Sylvia Milton – Part-time Visitor Services Officer
- Eliza Guevara – Part-time Visitor Services Officer
- Lyanne Biggs – Casual Visitor Services Officer
- Debbie Gallagher – Casual Visitor Services Officer and volunteer
- Jo Norfolk – Casual Visitor Services Officer
- Sophie Campbell – Casual Visitor Services Officer
- Rianna Burgess – Part-time Visitor Services Officer (Maternity Leave)
Plus a friendly team of very valued Volunteers.
The Pavilion, Kiama: 02 4232 1419
- Jackie Hall – Events and Venue Coordinator
- Kylie Harding – Events Assistant
- Geoffrey McIntyre – Property Cleaner