COMEDY, CUBA, CAULDRONS & COWS!
It’s week TWO of REVEL IN MAY – and while the temperature may have dipped, it’s a great excuse to show off your favourite scarf, hat or fluffy onesie. And a lack of dress code is just one of the many things you can look forward to as we reconnect, reinvigorate and REVEL all month long!
BURLESQUE! FLUTES! MAGIC! OH MY! THE KAZADOR is Kiama’s very own harbourside mini-Speigeltent and the epicentre of creativity, comedy and chaos during REVEL IN MAY. Some events are free, some are ticketed (use your NSW Discover voucher before they expire in June!) and ALL are worth a look.
This week’s Kazador line-up:
- Wednesday 11 May 7:30pm: Jaw-dropping BURLESQUE with Imogen Kelly
- Thursday 12 May 5:30pm: ABSTRACT ART – Paint ‘n’ Sip workshop
- Thursday 12 May 7:30pm: Kiki comedy interview with DEBRA OSWALD
- Friday 13 May 5pm: FRIDAY WINE DOWN with Cha Cha Del Mar
- Friday 13 May 6:30pm: Kiki comedy interview with BOHMER TREES
- Friday 13 May 8pm: Live music from GEORGE WASHINGMACHINE
- Saturday 14 May 2pm: Acclaimed duo ANA DE LA VEGA & DANIEL ROEHN
- Saturday 14 May 4pm: BUGLE Gin Tasting SCARF Fundraiser
- Saturday 14 May 7pm: Och Aye! It’s a Scottish CEILIDH PARTY!
- Sunday 15 May 4pm: Liam Power’s MAGIC OR REALITY show. Oooooh.
- Sunday 15 May 6pm: Adult Comedy with PETER BERNER
- Tuesday 17 May 7:30pm: ALL GOOD COMEDY LINE-UP
- Wednesday 18 May 9am-12pm: OWN YOUR STAGE presenting workshop
“40-YEAR-OLD POP STAR” AT FILLMORE’S
Enjoy a night of original music and comedy this SATURDAY from 8 till 10pm (you’ll be already in the mood after your Scottish CEILIDH at the Kazador!). Presented by the ultra-talented Alli Butler, it’s a show not to be missed. You’ll find it at Fillmore’s (which you’ll find down the lane alongside Parfait Patisserie).
YOUNG REVELLERS WELCOME!
Revel isn’t all about sipping wine and naughty jokes. Check out these events aimed specifically at the younger generation:
- Thursday 12 May 4:30-6:30pm, Old Fire Station: DECORATE DAISY the COW. Budding artists aged 12-25, learn lettering and design from talented local mural artist The Marker (Gill Dinh) and get to paint Daisy!
- Friday 13 May 4-8pm, Gerringong Library: DIAGON ALLEY Young Makers Twilight Market. Fans of Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts and magic assemble!
- Saturday 14 May 1 or 2pm, Old Fire Station: VIRTUAL REALITY ART WORKSHOP for ages 12-25. Master the art of Tilt Brush VR Painting on an unlimited canvas. So much fun!
And let’s not forget the PAVILION, where you’ll have plenty of room to enjoy the following headliner acts this weekend:
- Thursday 12 May 7:30pm: COMEDY FOR A CAUSE, featuring acts from the international festivals and raising funds for Kiama Lions.
- Friday 13 May 8pm: CARIBÉ brings you Cuban-infused music and dance all night long. If you loved the musical vibe of the Street Soiree, you’ll be on your feet dancing to these Latin-Jazz inspired beats!
- Saturday 14 May 1-11pm: Groove Society presents SUNDIAL, an afternoon and evening of local bands, solo artists and DJs. Supporting local tune-makers!
Phew! WHAT A WEEK AHEAD. So, grab that extra layer, grab a friend (or three) and RECONNECT, REINVIGORATE and let’s keep REVELLING ALL THROUGH MAY!