Street party to close Terralong and open Festival
Pedestrian power will reign supreme this Saturday 30 April Terralong Street says “no” to vehicles and a resounding “YES” to music, dining and family-friendly entertainment.
It’s being dubbed the Kiama Street Soirée and it kicks off a jam-packed May calendar of Destination Kiama events known collectively as “REVEL in MAY”.
Read below for more:
WORD ON THE STREET
So, what happens when you close the main street of Kiama for a 4-hour long street “swah-ray”? Well, considering this section of street has NEVER been closed before, no one’s quite sure actually. But one thing that IS guaranteed is giant helpings of FUN – rain, hail or shine – as locals and visitors alike “reclaim the streets” to enjoy the festivities.
Soirée-ees are invited to come and experience the novelty of seeing shops and eateries spilling out onto the street, while dancers and musicians entertain all under magical festival lights. From the Memorial Arch to the Old Fire Station, this block of Terralong will be transformed into a pedestrian precinct, with fun installations and activities on offer. Best of all – it’s FREE
TERRALONG, MAY WE PARTY?!
It’s not every day that a town’s main street gets closed off to be enjoyed by the people, so we’re going “all in” on this opportunity!
Join us from 4pm to 8pm for:
- Dining out on the street, under the lights – dinner with a difference!
- Junkyard Beats providing electrifying entertainment for the whole family
- Jazz and hip-hop dance performances on stage.
- A DJ bringing the vibes throughout – definitely (and ironically) not “middle of the road”!
- Daisy the Cow, all dressed up and setting the mooooood.
- A bunch of fun discoveries and activities that will surprise, delight and entertain big and little kids – from bubble machines to smoke machines to cold spark machines and even classic car machines!
- Local shops will also open into the night, getting in on the fun.
- Crossing the street on those cobbled crossings without waiting for a single car!
- And plenty more surprises!
Music, dancing, the shaking of booties, the tapping of toes and an all-round electric atmosphere (it’s the lights you see – they’re electric). The Kiama Street Soirée promises to be a night to remember – and you’ll want to say that YOU were there the day that the people took over Terralong.
Get set for a truly immersive street festival experience.
A non-vehicular spectacular.
A pedestrian party that’s anything but pedestrian.
It’s the Kiama Street Soirée – and you won’t want to miss it!
4pm–8pm Saturday 30 April 2022.
FREE FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT – Terralong Street
This festival has been made possible by a grant received via the NSW Government’s Festival of Place.