Kiama Highway Event Signage
Destination Kiama maintains two ‘event signage boards’ located on the Princes Highway at the northern and southern Municipality boundaries (Bombo Beach in the north and Gerringong/Toolijooa in the south).
The signs are designed to advertise public events that will be held in any location in the Municipality and that have the ability to attract visitors from outside our region.
Criteria for Event Signs
- Events must be suitable for attracting visitors into the Municipality and approval must be sought from Destination Kiama prior to sign production.
- Simpson Signs are responsible for the production and installation of the event boards, please allow at least a two-week notice from when you would like your sign to appear.
- For annual and bi-annual events, the sign may be displayed up to THREE weeks from its start date. This is dependent on space availability as well as Simpson Signs workload and thus turnaround time. Monthly and weekly signs (eg. markets) are to be displayed up to ONE week prior and removed within 24hrs post-event.
- For a sign to be effective it must have minimal content and be able to be read at a glance. The panels are 0.4 x 3.6 metres.
- Destination Kiama has the final decision on all events that are displayed and for the duration of display time.
The cost is $200.00 + GST and includes both the northern and southern highway signs as well as installation/removal. An invoice made out to the event organiser will be received following the approval process, the $220 will be payable to Kiama Municipal Council.
- Signs must be easily read and may only contain the following information:
- Name of event.
- Location of event.
- Date(s) of event.
- Time(s) of event (if applicable).
- The sign is not to include admission fees, phone numbers, email address, website address or social media icons.
- Signs may include sponsor recognition in the form of names and/or logos, provided that such recognition occupies no greater than 20% of a quadrant.
- Signs must not be luminous, reflective, or internally/externally illuminated.
- The signs shall not conflict with the colour combination or shape of legitimate traffic signs, so as to reduce the effectiveness of, or cause confusion to road users.
- Eric from Simpson Signs can be contacted directly via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone/fax: 4233 1130 for design and logo requests.
Other Distribution Methods
Destination Kiama is also able to promote your Kiama based event through other mediums including:
- Online; create a free listing via the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) by clicking here this listing will feed into regional websites as well as kiama.com.au. If you require assistance with your listing, please contact the Kiama Visitor Information Centre on 1300 654 262 or email@example.com.
- Social Media; Create a Facebook event for your event tagging @kiamansw and #kiamansw to be shared where possible.
- What’s On Guide; Kiama Visitor Information Centre create a hard copy monthly What’s On Guide that is distributed locally.
- The Buzz; Destination Kiama distribute an electronic direct mail (EDM) campaign monthly to over 600 local businesses and stakeholders.
- The Visitor Information Centre can display A3 and A4 sized posters advertising local events. Speak to the team for other ideas on how they can be involved.