A FULL (MOON) REVEL FESTIVAL LINE-UP
They say it takes three weeks to form a new habit. And in WEEK 3 of Kiama’s REVEL IN MAY festival, people are well and truly in the habit of being entertained. With many events SOLD OUT or close to full, you’ll want to be quick to reconnect, reinvigorate and REVEL this week. Here’s your run down of events.
THE KAZADOR REACHES ITS KRESCENDO!
BUBBLES! LEG WARMERS! COMEDY! For the past few weeks, THE KAZADOR has become a familiar sight on the harbourside skyline – this mini-Speigeltent providing the epicentre of mirth, magic and mayhem during REVEL IN MAY. And so, as the festival turns for home in the back half of the month, the Kazador is under full steam through to its final event on 26 May. Don’t miss your last chances to REVEL under the ‘big top’!
This week’s Kazador line-up:
- Thursday 19 May 5pm: Paint ‘n’ Sip workshop (SOLD OUT)
- Thursday 12 May 7:30pm: Musical comedy from NICK RHEINBERGER & TIA WILSON
- Friday 20 May 5pm: FRIDAY WINE DOWN with Roses in Hand
- Friday 20 May 6:30pm: BACK TO THE ‘80s TRIBUTE SHOW (Limited tix left)
- Friday 20 May 8pm: Musical comedy from MIC CONWAY & ROBBIE LONG
- Saturday 21 May 3pm: DR HUBBLE’S BUBBLE SHOW – great for KIDS
- Saturday 21 May 7:30pm: The hilarious KIAMA KABARET cabaret show!
- Sunday 22 May 3pm: DR HUBBLE’S BUBBLE SHOW IS BACK!
- Sunday 22 May 6pm: Comedy with TOMMY DEAN (Limited tix left)
- Wednesday 25 May 6pm: YEAH THE GIRLS! Comedy show!
- Wednesday 25 May 7:30pm: Adult comedy with DIANA MCLAREN IS DELICIOUS
- Thursday 26 May 5pm: Paint ‘n’ Sip workshop (SOLD OUT)
- Thursday 26 May 5:30pm: THURSDAY WINE DOWN Kazador farewell party!
- Thursday 26 May 7:30pm: FINALE comedy from GARY ECK
SOULFULL MOON THIS FRIDAY 7-9pm
Thanks to this week’s clear skies, the FULL MOON RISING has been a highlight. So come and end the week at Jamberoo School of Arts (on the left before the shops) for the FULL MOON CACAO CEREMONY – a “full moon circle” that invites you to draw upon the energy of the full moon while sipping on cacao. New to it all? No problem! Let Tayla and Bess guide you through this ceremony of connection. Simply bring along a blanket & cushion, journal & pen, water bottle, mug for your CACAO and a small item of meaning (e.g. crystal, feather etc) to add to the altar. Men and women welcome – limited tickets available so book yours here.
SAY “I DO” TO KIAMA
Your wedding and Kiama – it’s a match made in heaven! And this Saturday, you can do more than daydream about it, with Kiama’s annual KIAMA I DO wedding trail. From 10am to 3pm, you’ll be able to visit the venues (including The Sebel Harbourside Kiama, The Pavilion Kiama, Mercure Gerringong and Crooked River Wines) and sample the suppliers – more than 60 local providers ready to make your special day memorable. If you’re engaged, this is the engagement for you!
EVERYTHING WILL BE JUST VINE
You may have heard about this event on the grapevine. That’s right, it’s REVEL THROUGH THE VINES – a unique private tour and tasting event this Saturday 21 May at Crooked River Winery. Choose the tour time that suits you (10:30am, 12:30pm or 2:30pm) and join senior wine maker Pete for a tiptoe through the vines, with a “behind the grapes” look at how the magic happens – plus live music and of course a tasting. This experience has never been offered before, so WINE NOT? Tickets are $35 and can be found here.
REV UP FOR SURFLIFE MUSIC
Sundays are for live music – and what better venue than Gerringong Bowling Club as the upcoming SurfLife festival (June long weekend) presents a preview line up to get you through the day. Featuring Calcite, Sitting Down, The Huneez and solo artists including Val Ceruli, this is the feel-good Sunday sesh you’ve been craving.
Hey, what are you still doing reading this? Get out there and REVEL in the free and ticketed events – fill up your dance card, split open your sides with laughter and most importantly, reconnect, reinvigorate and REVEL IN MAY!