Partner with us for REVEL
Destination Kiama is looking to partner with the community to curate and present a series of vibrant and professionally executed events, activations and experiences that form part of the REVEL everyday in May festival program.
Objectives of REVEL everyday in May:
- Provide the Kiama community with a series of events that bring people together, building pride and social cohesion.
- Have broad appeal with a month-long calendar offering a variety of events.
- Support local event directors, artists, enterprises and supplementary local businesses.
- Stimulate the local economy by enticing visitors to the area outside peak season, assisting in the recovery of the tourism and event industry.
What we will provide:
- Experienced event staff to assist in the development and implementation of the festival calendar; and
- A professional and fully funded marketing plan, promoting the entire festival calendar.
Who you are:
Community partners will fall into (at least) one of the following four priority sectors:
- Food & Beverage
- Art & Culture
- Music & Entertainment
- Sport/Health & Wellness
And may include, but are not limited to:
- Artists and culture based businesses or outlets
- Experienced local event organisers
- Hospitality businesses – restaurants, hotels, cafes, markets
- Music and entertainment venues
- Tourist attraction venues
Events, activations and experiences may include, but are not limited to:
- Live performances
- Immersive experiences
- Cultural programs and workshops
- Culinary experiences, especially those that showcase local produce
- Street activations
- Food and cultural collaborations
- Other unique offerings that specifically demonstrate or represent Kiama’s vibrant and diverse culture.
These can be things you are already doing but you wish to be part of a larger initiative within your community and to benefit from additional marketing and support.
Tiers of activity:
Partners may submit a short proposal for consideration to be part of the REVEL everyday in May festival program. The two tiers of involvement are as follows:
- Tier 1 – Versions of an existing event or activity, that may require full or partial support (both in kind and financial) from Destination Kiama (Kiama Municipal Council) and will be promoted as ‘featured events’ or ‘hero activations’ – providing an opportunity for the promotion of your existing event or activity. *APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
- Tier 2 – New or existing events or activations that do not require financial or in kind support from Destination Kiama (Kiama Municipal Council) and seek to be included under the REVEL in May umbrella, benefiting from Destination Kiama’s marketing and communications campaign for the event. These will be referred to as ‘auxiliary events or activations’
Please reference either the Tier 1 or Tier 2 sections below, by selecting the drop down arrow, for more information on the benefits for you and your business, the support that will be provided, and some terms and conditions if you would like to join us.
Please complete the application form for either Tier 1 or Tier 2 partnership, or both if you have events that fall in to each category.
Proposal or “opt in” Deadline
The deadline for proposals for Featured Events has now closed. Applications for participation as an auxiliary event or activity are still open.
If you have any questions please contact Destination Kiama’s Event Coordinator, Sophie Campbell on 0419 724 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.