“LIVELY & NOISY”: REVEL HAS BEGUN!
Last weekend’s Street Soiree was not only a smash-hit successful party, but also the gateway to an entire MAY of feel-good fun including live music, food and wine, film, comedy, sport, culture and MORE. It’s a chance to reconnect. To reinvigorate. To REVEL!
The dictionary defines REVEL as “to enjoy oneself in a lively and noisy way”. But hey, it’s not just a verb – revel also means the actual event where this fun takes place. So don’t be surprised throughout May to see people across Kiama revelling at a variety of revels – with a lively and noisy mix of free, ticketed and sponsored events. Here are your first week highlights:
SUNDAY LUNCH IS SORTED
Join us at The Pavilion Kiama this Sunday 8 May 12-3pm for THE FARMED TABLE – as master chef Brendan Cato and Slow Food Saddleback team up to serve you an exclusive and delicious five course luncheon. This special event will showcase a bounty of food from local farmers, producers and artisans, matched with Brendan’s own wine. Includes a Q&A with Brendan AND live music by Mark Crotti. A wonderful Mother’s Day treat for the family – book your table today!
OUR KAZADOR IS ALWAYS OPEN
The epicentre of much of this month’s mirth and merriment is THE KAZADOR – a mini-Speigeltent installed at Black Beach. This impressive venue captures the European vibe of traditional Belgian dance halls and similar structures are commonly used as pop-up theatres at some of the biggest festivals in the world.
This week’s Kazador line-up, including MOTHER’S DAY:
- Thursday 5 May 5:30pm: Paint ‘n’ Sip workshop
- Thursday 5 May 7pm: Kiki comedy interview with Jane Stroud
- Friday 6 May 5pm: Live Music with Frank Sultana
- Saturday 7 May 5:30pm: Kiki comedy interview with Fiona Phillips
- Saturday 7 May 8pm: Comedy with Lindsay Webb
- Mother’s Day 3pm: Champagne Comedy for Mum
- Mother’s Day 8pm: Joe Mungovan Mum Lovin’ Live Music
- Tuesday 10 May 7:30pm: Open Mic Comedy Night
FEEL MORE AT FILLMORE’S
Also happening this weekend as part of REVEL, enjoy an arvo and evening of LIVE FRINGE MUSIC at Finding Fillmore’s (down the laneway alongside Parfait Patisserie). The fun kicks off 2pm Saturday 7 May ($15 entry), with a line-up that includes:
- Soul diva with a difference, Hannah Tregret
- Jazz & Blues favourite, mystery man Dan Isaac Bennett
- Proto-rock, acid punk duo all the way from Kiama, De4d
- Folky apocalyptic vibes from Manson Family Values
- The unstylish, sometimes cathartic 4-piece band, Peter Fonda
- Also, vintage clothes and vinyl on sale
And hey, we’re just getting started. Tell your friends or make new ones as we level-up by revelling up a storm all throughout May.
Watch this space for weekly REVEL event details!