The Kiama Masonic Centre building was originally constructed as a Temperance Hall back in 1878. It was then purchased by the Masons in May 1908 and after alterations and an interior fit-out the first Lodge meeting was held in this building on 4th February 1909. Lodge Kiama No.35, United Grand Lodge of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory is still an active Lodge operating from this building as they have done continuously since 4th February 1909.
In 1986 the building was listed on the New South Wales Heritage Register as a building of state significance. It is one of only a few buildings of its type remaining in Kiama and the only one in continuous use.
The attached hall was opened on 28th February 1976. The hall being 21m x 9m with polished timber floor, kitchen and toilets. The original stone construction can be seen from the hall.
The hall is available for hire, please see the following link for details.