Kiama Logo
Father and Son at Beach

Travel Advice

COVID-19 Update

Stay at Home Restrictions in place

Travelling intrastate (within NSW)

Do not travel to Greater Sydney without a reasonable excuse

If you live in NSW regional and rural areas, you must have a reasonable excuse to enter Greater Sydney including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour local government areas.

If you enter these areas for any reason, stay at home rules will also apply to you for 14 days after you were last in any of these areas.

This means that you will need to stay at your place of residence for 14 days, even if it is in a regional area, unless you have a reasonable excuse.

Special conditions apply if you must enter Greater Sydney for a vaccination appointment.

When planning any travel in regional or rural NSW

Entering NSW from interstate

Entry to NSW is restricted when a NSW Health concerns notice identifies interstate hotspots, affected areas and places of concern.

Before you plan to travel to NSW make sure to check current rules and restrictions in place.

International travellers

If you’re returning to NSW from overseas, you’ll be required to spend 14 days in government-arranged hotel quarantine accommodation, at your own cost.

All hotel quarantine for returned travellers is pre-arranged and where you stay is determined on the day of your arrival. You cannot choose your own hotel.

For more detailed information see quarantine rules.

Interstate travellers

To ensure you have the latest information on any restrictions or requirements that may be in place for people entering NSW from other states, visit Travel to and from NSW.

Travellers from the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)

If you’re travelling from the Australian Capital Territory, you must complete a NSW entry declaration (Australian Capital Territory).

Travellers from Queensland

If you’re travelling from Queensland, you must complete a NSW entry declaration form (Queensland).

Travellers from Victoria

If you’re travelling from Victoria, you must complete a NSW entry declaration form (Victoria).

Registration for NSW regional travel

From 12:01am, Saturday, 21 August 2021, you may need to register your travel to regional NSW if you live in Greater Sydney, and you intend to travel outside of Greater Sydney for a valid reason.

For more information, see Register to travel to regional NSW.