KISS Arts Festival
Welcome to KISS Arts Fest 2019 – a seaside celebration of the spectacular, the silly and the sublime! A side-splitting, hand-clapping, wave-splashing, toe-tapping performance feast – where the fringes of Kiama’s Black Beach are transformed for one wondrous weekend into a vibrant village filled with art, heart and the chance to take part.
Returning to its stunning Kiama Harbour location on Friday 26th through to Sunday 28th April 2018, with the same seaside village feel.
Say hello to a jam-packed playground of international acts, local talent, unique experiences and pure entertainment. Lanterns, lampposts and laughter. Circus troups and hula-hoops. Music, mirth, mischief and mayhem.
KISS goodbye to boring – and be part of the fun!
The Festival Village hosts:
* La Petite Grande tent venue with short, sharp family comedy shows.
* The AIR KISS tent with the 1000 origami cranes project, a host of talks and workshops for the community.
* A Community Stage by the natural amphitheatre space, hosts a mixture of local community groups and National and International Street Theatre artists.
* Main stage, with named bands, stand up and International variety acts.
* The Ghost tour, a hauntingly entertaining tour of the harbour bringing to life the local history of the site with local actors supplying the action!
* The Circus Drop Zone, a space where your circus stars of the future can try their hands at all circus disciplines including trapeze!
*Lantern Making workshops and the Lantern Parade – getting bigger and better with every year.
*The Memory Garden – a handmade and decorated miniature windmill farm. All windmills will hold messages for those that we love whether still with us or not.
* Food and beverage stores from the local farmers market line the promenade in between the entertainment venues, bringing the whole strip alive with a carnival atmosphere.
* Throughout the rest of the site interactive installations pop out of the shadows in the form of talking lampposts, singing mermaids, Flash mobs, the infamous raft race and family friendly peep shows.
*The public is continually entertained by themed characters that roam the site, historical tours, arts and craft making options and visual art exhibitions.
*On the Harbour – the harbour plays host to a number of great activities throughout the festival, including the community raft race and the fire sculpture.
The whole area comes alive with a magical and vibrant atmosphere, with surprises around every corner and something for every member of the community.